This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

NI to pay when property developing

laurag1996

Postby laurag1996 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:58 am

Hi, I am in the process of buying a house and re-developing it for capital gain. I understand I will have to pay income tax on the gain also I am just wondering where I stand with NI contributions/SA/and how to inform and If I need to the IR about this??? Any help is greatly appreciated.

ntipping

Postby ntipping » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:28 am

I presume from your query that you will be treated as trading (property development). In this case, you will need to register as self employed and pay class 2 and 4 NIC's. You need to cut and paste the following link into your web browser for information on registration (and this should be undertaken within 3 months of commencing trading in order to avoid any late registration penalties)

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/businesses/tmast ... ness.shtml

tom 7000

Postby tom 7000 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:06 am

You need to find an accountant to help - normally the first meetings free and he should give you lots of useful tips - maybe trading as a company is better for example?

If you are not sure where to find one try

www.accountantbrokers.co.uk

or if you are near the GU postcode area pop in and see me

tom@ttca.co.uk

Return to “PAYE and Payroll Taxes, National Insurance, NICs”