This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

A few 70s Payslips - Were contributions Made???

io

Postby io » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:27 am

Greetings,

I am trying desperately to decipher a few payslips from the seventies because the person is convinced that she made actual pension contributions (not other types) but there does not appear to be an official record and it is critical for the totalling up of her contributions with work in another country.

After the [Nat.Ins][Grad Cont.][Income Tax] boxes there is always a figure but the [supn.] box is always empty (supn. must be superannuation). The employment was as a teacher for Bucks and Glocs. County Council.

Or can some kind soul make head or tale of the example payslip image? It is at www.swonderful.cwc.net The important aspect is whether actual contributions were made toward a pension and not other types.

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Gregory

adi36

Postby adi36 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:56 am

Hi
I cant really make a lot out of the images - best bet would be to contact the ex-employer direct. If contributions were paid they must have a record of them. Regards Adrian S

io

Postby io » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:57 am

I have contacted them but they are thus far not very helpful.

From what I have worked out from my own research the GRAD.CONT. for which money was indeed taken out, is for Graduated Retirement Contributions which is a scheme that ran until 1975, so if I'm right the person should have something that can be applied to the rest of the years she worked abroad in Italy where she is trying to retire. The Italians need her to prove that she not only worked but paid into some kind of pension-related scheme for those periods to count. Does that make sense?

Shadowside

Postby Shadowside » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:54 am

Why not send off for Pension Forecast from DWP. That will show the amount of graduated pension due from pre 75 contributions. Mine is a princely £3.90/week.

I guess you understand this is state scheme and nothing to do with teaching.

Return to “PAYE and Payroll Taxes, National Insurance, NICs”