This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Class 2 & 4 NIC

mknight
Class 2 & 4 NIC

Postby mknight » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:43 am

I am already in a partnership and thinking about entering another one. Will Class 2 NIC be payable for the 2nd partnership (assuming income is above small earnings exception) as well as the first?

I ask because I read on another business website that, "if you have more than one business, special rules apply for calculating adjustments to profits on which you pay Class 4 National Insurance contributions." So, wondering if there was any similar rule for Class 2

There will be two other partners, one of whom is employed, the other currently unemployed.

thanks.

pawncob

Re: Class 2 & 4 NIC

Postby pawncob » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:49 pm

Class 2 NIC is only paid once, regardless of the number of partnerships you're in.
With a pinch of salt take what I say, but don't exceed your RDA

Tax Champion

Re: Class 2 & 4 NIC

Postby Tax Champion » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:13 pm

- but for Class 4 the profits from all businesses are effectively added together.

Return to “PAYE and Payroll Taxes, National Insurance, NICs”