This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.


Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet


Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:11 pm

Postby Topcat » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:04 am

Dear Sir

My wife and myself are self employed in Spain I have the following questions

1 will the NI I pay in Spain go towards my pension I receive in the UK if I decide to move back to the UK.

Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:11 pm

Postby Wendyc » Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:13 pm

The NI that you pay in Spain will not go towards your UK pension should you decide to move back.

You can register to pay voluntary contributions in the UK to keep up your payments, it's best to give the National Insurance Contributions office a call on 0191 213 5000.

Return to “PAYE and Payroll Taxes, National Insurance, NICs”