This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

P87

Ben Dunn
P87

Postby Ben Dunn » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:13 am

Hi,

I am a builder and usually complete a P87 for my tools etc.

I have recently discovered I can now claim for the purchase of my work clothes.

I am planning on claiming for my tools and work clothes for this year via a P87. However, I believe I can also claim for the previous four years that I haven't claimed work clothes for.

Can anybody please help me with how I would go about doing this?

Can I claim for this year and the previous four years via this years P87. Or will I have to amend the previous four years P87 (I do not think this is possible but do not know). Or shall I just claim for this year via a P87 and claim for previous years a different way, maybe by writing to HM Revenue and Customs and asking for a rebate.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Return to “PAYE and Payroll Taxes, National Insurance, NICs”