This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

RTI, EYU, P-60 problem

chris777
RTI, EYU, P-60 problem

Postby chris777 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:03 am

I've been using rti basic PAYE tools since Jan of this year. (I'm a new start-up)
I'm the only employee.
Due to a family crisis I was late trying to submit the FPS for my month of March pay. I tried on April 21st but 19th was the cut off date.
Basically the FPS submission failed. I rang technical helpdesk and they said delete the payment entry under my employee record as it was too late to submit it after tax year end.
Instead create a EYU for the amount, £858 gross.
I did that and that submission was accepted. OK so far.
Problem arose when I tried to print a P-60 for myself today and the total pay figure does not include the £858.
Also I noticed that my HMRC PAYE account online was showing I owed £200 (£100 tax, rest NI = £54 Eer, £46 Ee NI )(there should be no tax or NI payable)
I phoned the HMRC employer helpline - they were unhelpful to say the least and left it all in my court.
I checked the original EYU submission and I did include my tax code.
I don't know how to solve this technically and am worried about the £200 the HMRC say I need to pay as I don't have the money.
If you've read this far and can offer practical advice, thank you.

Return to “PAYE and Payroll Taxes, National Insurance, NICs”