This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Class 2 NI help please

hotrocks68
Class 2 NI help please

Postby hotrocks68 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:59 pm

Hi all,

I would be most grateful for any advice regarding the following.

I am now 49 yrs old and after school worked PAYE which has put 14 years NI contributions towards a state pension.
Since then,i became self-employed and,like more than several people i know,have never paid Class 2 NI contribultions and have never received a letter/bill.
Next April when this new tax year ends,all accountants will not only calculate Class 4 NI,but also Class 2 NI on our SAF.Therefore everybody will pay.
For me that would mean i could in effect reach the 30 year working requirement to receive a full state pension but,if not i will still receive a partial one.
What my friends and i are more concerned about is,when our accountants submit next Aprils SAF's,will it open a can of worms and will contributions be back dated and if so can it only go back for a 6 year shortfall and,is this likely?

We would appreciate any help.

Regards.

Return to “PAYE and Payroll Taxes, National Insurance, NICs”