This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Need to register my limited as a UK employer?

Jetsetter4805
Need to register my limited as a UK employer?

Postby Jetsetter4805 » Thu May 21, 2015 2:45 pm

Hi All,

I have a UK limited company and will be living and working in the Netherlands on an assignment for at least one year. I am a UK national but not UK tax resident as I have been living outside the UK for several years. I have found a Dutch based payroll provider who will provide me a contract of employment and process my pay through a Dutch registered payroll as well as paying all associated taxes and social insurance. They will then re-charge all payroll related costs to my UK company on a monthly basis. My UK company will invoice the end client who are the parent (UK) company of the Dutch affiliate I will be working at.

Am I required to register my UK limited as an employer with HMRC or is this not necessary given that no duties will be performed in the UK and I as an individual will become tax resident in the Netherlands with my pay processed through Dutch payroll?

Many thanks

pawncob

Re: Need to register my limited as a UK employer?

Postby pawncob » Wed May 27, 2015 4:53 pm

Well as your LTD won't be paying any payroll taxes in the UK, it would cause unnecessary complications if it registered for PAYE in the UK. (Monthly NIL returns by the due date etc)
With a pinch of salt take what I say, but don't exceed your RDA

Return to “PAYE and Payroll Taxes, National Insurance, NICs”