This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Statutory Sick Pay - partime employee with otherfull-time job

nitram2mike@yahoo.co

Postby nitram2mike@yahoo.co » Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:08 am

I have an employee sick and claiming SSP, he has another full-time job and works for me for no more than 15 hours per week. Is it normal for me to have to pay him SSP (criteria all met) if he is also claiming SSP from his other full-time employer?

The nature of his sick-ness makes him unsuitable for the job he has, can i offer him a pay-off whilst he is off sick?

Angeliki

Postby Angeliki » Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:52 am

Hi, I know it's probably too late now, but Yes, he is entitled to the SSP from you as well as the other employer.

The best way to get advice on employement law and HR issues is ACAS (www.acas.co.uk)

Angeliki Zafeiropoulou
HR/Training Advisor

Return to “PAYE and Payroll Taxes, National Insurance, NICs”