This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Two PAYROLLs in one Agency

arsetus
Two PAYROLLs in one Agency

Postby arsetus » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:50 pm

Hello.
I have weird problem with my Tax Code (Currently BR).
Let me start from begining. My first job was through Omega Agency, where I was working only 1 month. They were paying me through Maddisson Group Payroll.
When I finished my work there I moved to another city and started another job thorugh the same agency, just another branch.
And in current job they are using their own payroll. On my HMRC account I can see that I'm currently assigned to 2 Payrolls: Maddisson Group and Omega Workforce Payroll.
In previous job they told they sent all papers to this branch of Omega.
Most of my colleagues say they have Tax Code 1100L not BR and they earn weekly more than me.
What should I do?

Sorry for all mistakes and ask for more information if you need.

Jakub

AmanSood

Re: Two PAYROLLs in one Agency

Postby AmanSood » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:58 am

Hi Jakub

As you are in 2 separate jobs, the BR tax code would apply. You should contact HMRC to let them know and they may issue you with a revised tax code but if you remain on 2 payrolls the challenge will be how to apply this as you could end up underpaying tax. Simplest approach might be to come off one of the payrolls or alternatively file a self assessment tax return to obtain a refund for any overpaid taxes.
Advising on UK employment, expatriate and personal taxes
aman.sood@e-taxconsulting.com.
+44 (0) 207 846 0155

arsetus

Postby arsetus » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:13 pm

Thanks for fast reply.
Here comes my very simple question. How can I come off from one Payroll?
I cannot conntact them. They dont answer on my calls or my e-mails.
Here is some info from my last payslip. Please don't be scared.

GROSS TO DATE 15491.86
TAXABLE PAY TO DATE 15491.86
TAX TO DATE 3098.20
ER's N.I. TO DATE 1201.42
EE's N.I. TO DATE 1075.25

SteLacca

Postby SteLacca » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:48 pm

Either:

Contact the previous branch and resign, and ask them to send form P45 that you can give to the new branch

or

Contact HMRC and ask them to re-allocate your tax-free allowance to your current job (probably on a week 1/Month 1 basis for the remainder of this year).

The second option won't correct what has happened to date, which HMRC will have to do after 5 April when the tax year ends, but it will get things correct going forward.

Return to “PAYE and Payroll Taxes, National Insurance, NICs”