This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

LTIP Withdrawal

Iamchunx
LTIP Withdrawal

Postby Iamchunx » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:04 am

Appreciate any help please.

I am due an LTIP payment from leaving my current employer and they want to pay me through PAYE and hence I am going to pay 40% tax etc on it.

I could put a large chunk into my pension tax free but the amount is way over my allowance so most of it will be income tax payable.

Do I have to take the sum via PAYE? Or is there more efficient way of doing this?

The LTIP fund is offshore.

Thanks

W

AmanSood

Re: LTIP Withdrawal

Postby AmanSood » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:51 pm

Assuming of course you are UK tax resident and the LTIP was earned/related to UK duties then unfortunately it does have to be paid via PAYE with both tax and NI being operated... So you may still be better off putting it into your pension as you would save the NI on this at 2%.
Advising on UK employment, expatriate and personal taxes
aman.sood@e-taxconsulting.com.
+44 (0) 207 846 0155

Return to “PAYE and Payroll Taxes, National Insurance, NICs”