This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

part time work - £105/week

crash87
part time work - £105/week

Postby crash87 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:04 am

Hi there,

I am just starting part-time work - 14 hours a week at £7.50 / hour. This will be my sole income.

From what I am reading I shouldn't pay any taxes or NIC's but my employer said this is not the case as he will still have to pay some taxes and contributions on my behalf.

Is he applying the wrong tax code ? or what exactly should I do ?

Thank you

AmanSood

Re: part time work - £105/week

Postby AmanSood » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:37 pm

assuming this is your only source of income and you are a UK resident then you shouldn't have to pay any UK tax/NI on this income. Make sure that the Company is using the correct tax code (1150L) and providing you with your full UK tax free personal allowance.
Advising on UK employment, expatriate and personal taxes
aman.sood@e-taxconsulting.com.
+44 (0) 207 846 0155

Return to “PAYE and Payroll Taxes, National Insurance, NICs”