This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.


Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Error on P11D

Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:33 pm

Error on P11D

Postby JazSingh7 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:44 pm

It was discovered last year that my employer had made an error when putting the Car Benefit amount which went undetected for a couple of years. This was discovered by HMRC last year and they amended my tax code accordingly - I had assumed that this would now be resolved but have just this morning received a letter confirming my tax code for 2018/19 has been adjusted and once again I am on a K code!!

This is causing serious hardship and was wondering whether there is any recourse to the employer in relation to this error? I have previously spoken with Payroll but they just shrugged it off

Any help appreciated

Posts: 3094
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:26 pm

Re: Error on P11D

Postby bd6759 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:50 pm

What sort of recourse are yu thining of?

Return to “PAYE and Payroll Taxes, National Insurance, NICs”