This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Late PT NI PAYE submittion in 2017/2018 - question

Mike_Mike
Late PT NI PAYE submittion in 2017/2018 - question

Postby Mike_Mike » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:29 pm

Hi Guys,

I was working for couple of years in Construction Industry as LTD. After I finished my last project in 07.2017, I decided to go for travelling for couple of months and close my LTD company at the end of this tax year (31.03.2018). The last payment my company received was obviously in 07.2017 but I am still paying myself a Salary and Divided (from my last year profit transferred over and from some profit for this short year so the value won`t be negative), so I am planning to have an empty account at the end of March and close the company. I have already prepared my accounts and everything for final tax payment so it`s not a problem, but I have got a little problem with PAYE.

All previous years PAYE issues were always taken care of by my accountant and I had the accountant till 06.2017 (I signed him off after that as I knew that I am closing the company, so I don`t need him) and he uploaded first two payslips to HMRC (2x £680 for the beginning of the year) but since I went for travelling I totally forgot to continue uploading it myself during the year... I was paying myself every month £680 and my plan is to pay out a total salary of £8164, to reach the PT.

I went through some information at HMRC web-page and I understand that such small salary, means that I can make the submittion every quarter instead of month? My question is, what can I do with that issue now, to avoid, or at least get small penalty? I have downloaded “Basic PAYE Tool” from HMRC web-side but I am thinking what option would be the best eventually. Can I just simply put that I paid the whole £8164 at the end of the year? There is no NI nor Income Tax due anyway.

Thanks in advance for some advice.

SteLacca

Re: Late PT NI PAYE submittion in 2017/2018 - question

Postby SteLacca » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:18 pm

Answered over on AWeb.

SteLacca

Re: Late PT NI PAYE submittion in 2017/2018 - question

Postby SteLacca » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:24 pm

Sorry, UKBF - not AWeb.

Return to “PAYE and Payroll Taxes, National Insurance, NICs”