This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Non UK resident Director Taxes

SimBadd64
Non UK resident Director Taxes

Postby SimBadd64 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:12 pm

I am in the planning stages of starting a Limited Company in the UK with 2 directors: Myself (UK resident working solely in the UK) and my business partner (US resident working solely in the US). All our meetings would be virtual with little to no travel to conduct meetings in person.

Is my thinking correct that I would run normal PAYE and NI deductions for my own salary but that this would not be needed for him in the US as he would file locally?

Thanks in advance

GlobalTaxAdviser

Re: Non UK resident Director Taxes

Postby GlobalTaxAdviser » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:49 am

Your US partner may end up paying tax on the UK company profits in the US depending on where the company is being managed from.

You can remunerate through a mix of Salary and Dividends to optimise personal taxation

Kind Regards

GTA

Return to “PAYE and Payroll Taxes, National Insurance, NICs”