This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.


Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet


Posts: 1
Joined: Fri May 11, 2018 2:29 pm


Postby Elnmac » Fri May 11, 2018 2:32 pm

I have received letters stating that inowe some tax, i have written to ask how they come to that amount but tomdate have not received any reply. My question if anyone can help is do i pay it and then dispute it or wait.

Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:41 am
Location: NE Scotland


Postby greybags1 » Fri May 11, 2018 3:08 pm

Best you call (not write) HMRC and ask for a P800 tax calculation to be sent to you. This should show you how they have arrived at their findings. Once you have this then you can decide what the next step is.

Return to “PAYE and Payroll Taxes, National Insurance, NICs”