This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

P45 wrong

Gazh
P45 wrong

Postby Gazh » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:21 pm

Hi
I worked for a large national company that found it impossible to get its payroll right, and was always wrong to their benefit. In early February I told them my January pay was wrong. In early March I told them my February pay was wrong. I gave written notice of termination in mid-March, together with written complaints about the January and Fenruary pay. My final, March, pay was wrong. I didn't receive my final payslip or P45. In April I was paid a random amount (about £40). At the same time I contacted ACAS to start a tribunal for unlawful deductions.

ACAS was asked by their solicitors to extend the 1 month conciliation period by 2 weeks, as they were investigating. That was the only contact the employer made with ACAS. I lodged the employment tribunall in early June.

At the end of May I received a P60 and computer printouts for March April and May payments. May was 0. I have now received a further random payment (about £70), a payslip for June and my P45 with a leaving date of 2 June. This date is wrong by 2.5 months - I left in the last tax year.

Is therer any way I can get the P45 leaving date put right?

Return to “PAYE and Payroll Taxes, National Insurance, NICs”