This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Is paying someone for advertising your product taxable?

mnmnmnmn
Is paying someone for advertising your product taxable?

Postby mnmnmnmn » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:16 pm

Good evening,

I am providing my product to online blogers and youtubers so that they can advertise my brand.

In return, I want to pay the percentage of every sold product. Would the money that I pay to the people who are advertising my product be taxable? Would they be treated as the employees? How do I go about this without breaking the law.

I want to have the facility on my website, where they can see how much money they've earned and be able to request that money at any time (or) pay them on the end of every month.

Regards

SteLacca

Re: Is paying someone for advertising your product taxable?

Postby SteLacca » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:34 am

Yes, it's taxable income in their hands, and should be tax deductible in yours.

They are not necessarily (or even likely to be ) employees, though the definitive answer depends on the specific terms of the engagement.

Return to “PAYE and Payroll Taxes, National Insurance, NICs”