This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Telephones at NIC & EO temporarily out of order

etf
Re: Telephones at NIC & EO temporarily out of order

Postby etf » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:40 am

Day 13-ditto.

etf

Postby etf » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:06 am

Day 14-Ditto

etf

Postby etf » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:30 am

Day 15. Ditto line temporarily out of order.

I decided to phone the self assessment helpline number and was advised to phone 0300 200 3500 instead (the number with that recorded message, where you speak to a computer who can never understand what you say....I usually express a Lambs' profanity during these calls such is the level of my frustration.

Anyway I finally did get through to a very helpful gentleman from the North-East who confirmed the 3506 number had not been in use for a few months...so why does the NI38 booklet still show 3506 and why doesn't the recorded message on 3506 suggest callers use 3500 rather than confirming it is temporarily out of order? This is basic customer care.

I asked the gentleman to get the telephone number in booklet NI38 altered (last updated on 3 April 2015). He confirmed he would, but perhaps with a resigned tone in his voice suggesting things might not happen quickly.

Time for another Lambs' profanity.

robbob

Postby robbob » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:41 am

I long for the old days where i had an accumulation of direct lines to random people within hmrc that would actually answer the phone and help - we even had a direct line to a lovely chap Mr U in the post department who gave the best customer service, particular praise would also go to the employees that worked in the paye end of year offices who always sorted any issues with the minimum of fuss - the old school fax sent over of payments made back then was a better solution than the current system where some payments simply don't show online up for some ridiculous reasons and hmrc don't have access to that info anyway.

ahhhhhhhhhh them where the days - at least for balance the sa agent helpline now is top notch for general queries and the corp tax helpline has improved massively - this leaves the vat and paye being the lagards.

etf

Postby etf » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:25 pm

Booklet NI38 has still not been updated to show the correct telephone number and so another frustrating week for HMRC's customers calling a line which says it is temporarily out of order, but which actually has not been in use for months.

My betting odds:
Corrected today: 10,000-1
Corrected this month: 100-1
Corrected this year: 2-1
Not corrected: 1-50

Next review date 1 March 2019.

robbob

Postby robbob » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:34 pm

Hmmmm the 100-1 option is tempting but i think my imaginary pint bet (3 imaginary pints returned) is on the 2-1 shot - fixed this year but not this month :)
i like your overround though deffo more labrokes than betfair exchange :) - so i am guessing i should call it quits and just hand over slightly less than 1/3 of an imaginary pint now :) as you commission for attempting to sort hmrc out.

etf

Postby etf » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:00 pm

If I receive a bet for 10,000-1 today, I'll know I've been rumbled and someone from HMRC has read this thread (I live in hope).

I've got my monopoly notes at the ready in case.

etf

Postby etf » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:23 am

Okay, the 100-1 shot has gone as the phone is still temporarily out of order/the NI38 booklet has still not been updated.

Next review date 5 April 2019.

PS Yesterday (28 Feb) I received one piece of post from HMRC dated 12 Feb and another piece dated 6 Feb. So the single wing pigeons HMRC must use took 16 days and 22 days to arrive.

Can anyone beat 22 days?

Lambs

Postby Lambs » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:59 am

Hmm. I'd like to know what exactly is a "Lamb's profanity"?

Regards,

Lambs

etf

Postby etf » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:17 pm

From the recent marriage allowance thread...

B******s.

What I am often thinking, but too timid to put in writing.

Return to “PAYE and Payroll Taxes, National Insurance, NICs”