This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Director's Loan & P11D

Druss
Director's Loan & P11D

Postby Druss » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:09 am

Good morning all

I’m just completing a batch of P11Ds and I’m struggling to find the answer to the following:

At the start of the tax year a director (and shareholder) borrowed £50,000 from the Limited Company. Interest is chargeable on this loan at a rate of 2.5% (HMR&C official interest rate) and the director has made interest payments each month into the Company bank account to cover these charges.

I am happy that there is no taxable befit in kind, however, does the information regarding this loan still need to be reported on form P11D?

Thank you in advance for any responses

Return to “PAYE and Payroll Taxes, National Insurance, NICs”