This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Working Overseas for a UK Company

jreverdy
Working Overseas for a UK Company

Postby jreverdy » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:10 pm

Good afternoon,

In September I will be moving to New Zealand to live and work.
Meanwhile, my company here has offered me to keep working for them, as a contractor or freelancer.
I am looking for information about the process to change the tax I pay (i.e remove the national insurance in the UK) and any other tips that will be helpful.

I have been searching for information on the NZ tax systems and it seems that I will have to fill and send a personal tax return form and they will then adjust the tax that I will have to pay in NZ with what have been paid in the UK.

To detail my situation, I have a French Nationality, I have been working in the UK for 4.5 years and will have a partnership work visa in NZ.

any advice will be welcomed.

Best regards,

Return to “PAYE and Payroll Taxes, National Insurance, NICs”