This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Holiday Pay & Final Salary amount please help

Holiday Pay & Final Salary amount please help

Postby 170872 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:23 am

Dear All, I been a bit confused how to calculate holiday pay and final salary for someone who is leaving on the 6th September 2019.

Details as follows:

Holiday pay 7.5 days
Leaving date 6 September 2019
Annual Salary full time - £22,000

Would be grateful if someone can share the calculation for me to see how much the employee is entitled for Holiday and final pay for the 6 days.

Thanks

jerome.lane

Re: Holiday Pay & Final Salary amount please help

Postby jerome.lane » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:15 pm

Do you not just pay them 12.5 days pay?
This is 7.5 days holiday and 5 working days worked from 1 to 6 September assuming they last got paid to 31 August and work full time mon-fri.
If you need to work out holiday accrued for holiday for 5 days of September, you would need to know the total annual holiday entitlement.
Most software packages should work it out for you as there are a number of factors such as contracted hours that will affect the calculation.
Good luck!
Jerome Lane
Tax Adviser
Telephone: 07943 005902

robbob

Re: Holiday Pay & Final Salary amount please help

Postby robbob » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:31 pm

Ref days paid for working

I guess it depends how the calculations are done - i am guessing everyone may default to their own way of working this out - i have no idea if there is a default method that should be used so take my guess witha pinch of salt.

If someone leaves on 6th of the month and has fixed annual salary i guess you could just use 6/31 * £22,000 * 1/12 - this being the pro rata portion of that month with that month that they were employed given as pay. being 1/12 of the annual pay.

Reminder note to self when i hand in my notice do it to end on a bank holiday monday :) or on new years day

Return to “PAYE and Payroll Taxes, National Insurance, NICs”