This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Sending cheque for Voluntary Class 3 NI

Possom
Sending cheque for Voluntary Class 3 NI

Postby Possom » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:48 pm

I have logged into:
tax.service.gov.uk/check-your-state-pension/account
to view my NI account. I would like to pay a small topup amount for a previous tax year for Voluntary Class 3 NI. The amount required is stated in my forecast info.

The link below states:
Send a cheque and your HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) payslip. You’ll find the payslip on the bill HMRC sent to you.
gov.uk/pay-voluntary-class-3-national-insurance/by-post

I have logged in myself to obtain forecast info, and I have not been sent a HMRC bill. As I do not have a HMRC bill to forward to them, do I simply forward my cheque for the required amount with my name/address and NI number? I am PAYE only.

Thanks.

Return to “PAYE and Payroll Taxes, National Insurance, NICs”