This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Tax rebate due to non payment of redundancy

yorkie42
Tax rebate due to non payment of redundancy

Postby yorkie42 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:41 pm

Hi All.

I have worked for a limited company for 25 years and was given notice 31/1/20 and will be made redundant at the end of February. The company is being wound up and is trying to pay all its commitments, VAT, PAYE NI, creditors etc. However if does not have the funds to pay my level of redundancy which I calculate to be approx. £15,000. I have been advised by a friend that I could claim a tax rebate against tax I have paid in previous years to offset the redundancy amount not paid. Is this true or can I do anything else.

Thank you.

Return to “PAYE and Payroll Taxes, National Insurance, NICs”