This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Pension contributions when on SSP

pondertax
Pension contributions when on SSP

Postby pondertax » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:57 pm

Hi all,

If someone is on SSP only for a prolonged period of time and therefore their monthly salary is very small, what are the rules about pension contributions (both ees and ers)? I'm just thinking about the minimum mandated % under auto enrolment, and therefore what the legal position is, rather than any kind of enhanced company pension scheme, which I presume would be covered in the employment contract.

If anyone could point me at some useful web links, I'd be really grateful.

Thank you in advance,

PonderTax

darthblingbling

Re: Pension contributions when on SSP

Postby darthblingbling » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:31 pm

That is a good question actually considering the current climate. Used to know the answer but it's all out of my head. Will be interesting to see the what is said

Return to “PAYE and Payroll Taxes, National Insurance, NICs”