This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

PAYE Query

paultomargson77
PAYE Query

Postby paultomargson77 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:47 pm

Hello Folks,

I have paid myself a salary of around £5000 in the year ending April 2020, due to health problems i was away from my business and missed a few monthly salary payments. I usually take a salary of around £8000, can i make these payments in the new tax year 6th April 2020 - 5th April 2021 and still claim these as expenses and put them through for the 2019 - 2020 PAYE calculations or would these be classed as salary payments for the new tax year 6th April 2020 - 5th April 2021.

Thank you for reading this post and any advice you can give. Take care and hope you are all keeping safe. :D

Many thanks,

Paul

Return to “PAYE and Payroll Taxes, National Insurance, NICs”