This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Settlement Agreement follow-on question please

anjo56
Settlement Agreement follow-on question please

Postby anjo56 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:46 pm

Hello again
Further to my post yesterday, my colleague has been offered the same deal as me but he has been told that the payment made would be FULLY taxable and not just the amount in excess of £30k. In my agreement the payment is described as "compensation for loss of employment" (Compensation Payment). In darthblingbling's reply yesteday they mentioned that the reply was assuming the payment is an ex-gratia one which is what I was told and that I am working my notice, which I am. I a bit confused now that my colleague is being given different information from HR than what I got. Thank you!

Return to “PAYE and Payroll Taxes, National Insurance, NICs”