This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

P45 for Self employed starting employment

Sole trader
P45 for Self employed starting employment

Postby Sole trader » Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:10 pm

Hello, I wonder if you can help, I am self employed the business isn't doing well, I am starting my second job working in Hotel, I was asked to bring P45 which I don't have. Could you please let me know if there is another alternative to P45 to have a tax code? Do I need to contact HMRC to let them know I have a second job or I just need to do this when sending my online self Assessment? Your help is much appreciated. Thank you

darthblingbling

Re: P45 for Self employed starting employment

Postby darthblingbling » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:21 pm

Starter Checklist (formerly known as a p46) ask your employer for one.

Sole trader

Postby Sole trader » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:10 am

Hello, thank you for your reply, Do I need to contact HMRC to let them know I have a second job or I just need to do this when sending my online self Assessment? Your help is much appreciated. Thank you

darthblingbling

Postby darthblingbling » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:27 pm

It'll be your employer's obligation to submit your Starter Checklist details on their payroll. On your tax return you'll report your self employed income and employment income for the tax year.

Return to “PAYE and Payroll Taxes, National Insurance, NICs”