This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Private mileage Cars/Vans

LEE1981
Private mileage Cars/Vans

Postby LEE1981 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:19 pm

Hi

My query is regarding a company I recently joined and the process that is currently carried out for private mileage on company vehicles.

There are a mixture of vans and cars, staff will submit a form to indicate if they wish to use the vehicle for private use.
Fuel is paid for normally by fuel card which each employee holds and the VAT on the fuel is all reclaimed.

Staff submit a private mileage sheet each month, some more detailed than others, some just one figure. This is then deducted off their salary at the HMRC advisory rate and VAT charged to output tax on the value.

I've not come across this process before and used to the fuel scale charge etc but wanted to check if the general process was acceptable?

Thanks

robbob

Re: Private mileage Cars/Vans

Postby robbob » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:35 pm

all sounds like its possibly done in the most tax efficient way possible so i wouldnt presume anything is wrong here

Return to “PAYE and Payroll Taxes, National Insurance, NICs”