This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Tax Question: School Fees

slaterjake90
Tax Question: School Fees

Postby slaterjake90 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:58 pm

Does anybody have any experience regarding your employer paying your child's school fees?

I am planning on asking my employer to pay my child's school fees directly to the school, using a proportion of my bonus, which I pay a high level of tax on when taken through PAYE. If they did this, does anybody know how will it work from a tax / BIK point of view or of any implications / additional costs to the employer?

Thanks in advance.

darthblingbling

Re: Tax Question: School Fees

Postby darthblingbling » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:58 pm

If your employer is meeting a pecuniary liability then it's subject to tax and Class 1 NIC. There's no tax or NIC saving to be had for such an arrangement.

Return to “PAYE and Payroll Taxes, National Insurance, NICs”