This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Private Fuel Benefit and plug-in hybrid

Hagar
Private Fuel Benefit and plug-in hybrid

Postby Hagar » Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:13 am

Hello

I currently have a petrol company car, pay tax on it. I also have private fuel paid which is also taxed.

My car is due for a change soon and looking at a Phev car.
My colleagues at work already have them but they don’t get private fuel. The arrangement they have is they basically the same as normal car. They get no payment or deductions for the electric used for charging.

I have been told it will be the same for me, except I will still have the private fuel and pay Bik tax on this.

My question is is there anyway I can claim back the electricity used via the tax system.

Notes
I think company does not pay currently as they pay a little more for the cars and admin for calculating payment would be a pain.

darthblingbling

Re: Private Fuel Benefit and plug-in hybrid

Postby darthblingbling » Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:26 pm

Use the advisory fuel rates for your business miles

Return to “PAYE and Payroll Taxes, National Insurance, NICs”