This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Tax refund

clojo
Tax refund

Postby clojo » Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:01 pm

Hello there i have a question if i may. I am on paye however i will not have reached my tax allowance by the 5th April, will i be able to claim the tax back that i have paid many thanks

bd6759

Re: Tax refund

Postby bd6759 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:30 am

Yes.

You shouldn’t be paying tax, so perhaps you could have sorted this quicker.

Once you get your P60 you should contact HMRC. May take a while for them to deal with it.

clojo

Postby clojo » Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:44 pm

Many thanks for the info, I have now sorted this with the tax office I have another question if i may, i will not hit my tax allowance by April the 5th but i have still had taken National insurance or they should not have taken national insurance many thanks Chloe

darthblingbling

Postby darthblingbling » Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:43 pm

National insurance thresholds for employment are based on pay periods as opposed to annual, unless you're a company director. Unlikely you'll be due a refund but obviously I don't know all the facts

Return to “PAYE and Payroll Taxes, National Insurance, NICs”