This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

NIC refund from HMRC

malbab
NIC refund from HMRC

Postby malbab » Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:53 am

i work for three employers who deduct three separate NIC class 1; last three years HMRC sent me a form to get the excess NIC refunded, this year they didn't but I know I am due for refund and as my situation has not changed. i rang them several times and eventually after sending all my P60s, they offered a NIC refund over the phone, which i think is wrong calculation ( it is substantially lower amount than last year, when in fact I have more earnings for the recent tax year and therefore paid more NIC. how do i challenge this- the self return doesn't calculate the NIC refund and the NIC calculator in HMRC website is only for the current tax year- i need to claim for year 2022 to 2023 ( the NIC also changed due to govt rules during this time regrading NOC rates in July), anyone has any advice please??

Return to “PAYE and Payroll Taxes, National Insurance, NICs”