This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Self employed but company deducts NI

Motodop

Postby Motodop » Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:29 am

Apologies if this has been coverd elsewhere but i have tried to find info and failed.

I am self employed and paying Class 2. Some of my employers deduct NI as I do not have a 'Letter of Authority'. How can i get that refunded?
Karl

King_Maker

Postby King_Maker » Sun May 01, 2005 2:13 am

If you have an "employer", then you are not self-employed, and PAYE and NI will be applicable.

Otherwise, you have clients or customers and you invoice them gross for goods supplied and/or sevices rendered, plus VAT if relevant.

Are you a Sub-Contractor?

Motodop

Postby Motodop » Sun May 01, 2005 2:19 am

KM,
You're right i have clients and i invoice them and am not employed.
Recently after certain clients companys having being audited they have informed me that they would have to deduct NI contributions from me which seem to be in the 8% range.

Return to “PAYE and Payroll Taxes, National Insurance, NICs”