This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

NI Contributions - Secondment

DKaus

Postby DKaus » Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:07 pm

Hi all,
I am currently employed in the UK on a Working Holiday Visa for the same company that employed me in Australia.

I am aware that there is a 52 week exemption situation that may apply where I can re-claim my first years NI payments if I was seconded from Aus to the UK.

What exactly do you need to prove that you were seconded?

The company did not provide flights or accomodation as it was a mutually agreeable situation (I wanted to work in the UK and they were ok with me transferring here as long as there was no costs on their part). Technically I had to resign in Aus and accept a contract here.

I would appreciate any advice.
Thanks
Daniel.

Return to “PAYE and Payroll Taxes, National Insurance, NICs”