This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Minimum Contributions

njb55rtd
Minimum Contributions

Postby njb55rtd » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:39 pm

Until about 18 mths ago I used to get minimum contributions back from HMRC (directly into my PPP) as I was paying the 11% contracted in rate.
Then I changed jobs to an organisation which has it's own contracted-out scheme so my contributions are now 9.4%. So far so good. But my understanding is that anyone in Band D (which I now am) as opposed to Band A (which I was) does not get minimum contributions because, effectively, they are already getting that "discount". Fair enough. However, I note that I have been allocated minimum contributions based on the LEL (column 1 on the P60) for last year even though it's shown as Band D. Not that I'm complaining (!) but that's not right surely is it?
Would appreciate your thoughts or, more specifically, anyone who just has Band D earnings on their P60, are you getting the same thing?
Nick

Return to “PAYE and Payroll Taxes, National Insurance, NICs”