This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

How much can i claim?

masher
How much can i claim?

Postby masher » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:57 pm

I run a cleaning business cleaning both houses and office -

I spend roughly £400 per month on cleaning supplies

I buy all our products at a local market where it is a bit cheaper for example ( Bleach is £1.50 in the shop and £1.00 on down the local market )

I am not sure but is there a limit on the amount of expenditure each month that i can claim for on cleaning products that i use to clean for my customers? ( i am sole trader )

I have a invoices that i keep

I was told that the hmrc only allow to deduct so much and not sure if this is correct? this is my first year of trading that is why i ask.

masher

How much can i claim?

Postby masher » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:57 pm

I run a cleaning business cleaning both houses and office -

I spend roughly £400 per month on cleaning supplies

I buy all our products at a local market where it is a bit cheaper for example ( Bleach is £1.50 in the shop and £1.00 on down the local market )

I am not sure but is there a limit on the amount of expenditure each month that i can claim for on cleaning products that i use to clean for my customers? ( i am sole trader )

I have a invoices that i keep

I was told that the hmrc only allow to deduct so much and not sure if this is correct? this is my first year of trading that is why i ask.

King_Maker

Re: How much can i claim?

Postby King_Maker » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:30 pm

There is no limit on the amount you can claim for materials - so long as you don't use them privately.

nikkisizer

Re: How much can i claim?

Postby nikkisizer » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:11 am

Hello masher,

You can claim the full cost of any cleaning products that are necessary for you to run your business.

Happy to help so if you need any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.
Kind regards,

Nikki Sizer

Sizer & Co Accountants
nikki@sizeraccountants.com
[url]http://www.sizeraccountants.com[/url]

Birmingham - London - Manchester - Leeds

Return to “General”