This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Inland revenue and CASH REGISTERS!!(TILL ROLLS)

jakedamuss
Re: Inland revenue and CASH REGISTERS!!(TILL ROLLS)

Postby jakedamuss » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:29 am

Hi had the meeting with VAT people yesterday and they said to me that they want me write down each individual sale thats recorded on the till everyday for 1 MONTH ohh and also what time the transaction was placed. I said you have already looked at my Z Till reports, and i can keep the full receipt so you cancheck each tranasction on the full till roll. But no they said it has to be this way. My question is do i have to except what they said to me or can i challenge it. :?:

jakedamuss

Postby jakedamuss » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:32 pm

Any advice or guidance would be appreciated.

wamstax

Postby wamstax » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:55 am

If your till rolls are recording the time and amount and nature of each transaction then why would you have to duplicate the information already logged automatically on your till rolls.

Ask them why you need to duplicate information that is currently recorded on your till rolls and which you have volunteered will be made available for them to review in full. What exactly do they envisage seeing from your manual recording of each sale as opposed to the till rolls? If they persist then ask them to justify their request in terms of the statute and/or regulations.

Of course your recording of the sales would be no different to that shown on the time logged till roll
regards and hope this helps
http://www.wamstaxltd.com
Operates Nationally with competitive costs
and email and phone contact (mob 07751720507) can be obtained from websites

jakedamuss

Postby jakedamuss » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:34 pm

Thanx for the reply. My till doesnt record the time but each and every transaction is recorded. It has never recorded the time since I purchased the till. Is that an issue. I have full till rolls for inspection and z readings. But they said it has to be the spreadsheet they gave me with time and amount of each transaction. I am finding it very difficult to serve my customers aswell as fill in the sheet. I need more advice PLS.

wamstax

Postby wamstax » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:44 am

Ok would I be correct in saying that you got your till programmed when you got it to not record the time of each sale or you just got a machine that didn't record the time against each sale.

Frankly I would go to a Till provider and get a till that will record the time and date of each sale. You know what they are after as they will probably have somebody do a test purchase for cash etc (or they might do a few) and then see if you have recorded all sales. It is really a bit amateurish as presumably whether you were doing it right before you will be doing it correct for this exercise. Of course if you have managed to "increase your sales dramatically" during the exercise they will say that shows that you weren't recording all sales before.

To be honest it might be cheaper to just get a new till - as then you will be able to attend to your customers properly or you could suggest that it is interfering with your trade too much and you suggest that if they wish that information to be provided they either provide the "staff member to stand and record all sales or provide a till that will do the exercise that they are demanding.

Haven't you got an accountant or someone helping you as you are clearly in a precarious situation.
regards and hope this helps
http://www.wamstaxltd.com
Operates Nationally with competitive costs
and email and phone contact (mob 07751720507) can be obtained from websites

Return to “Tax Investigations and Enquiries”