This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

BMST

billtax
BMST

Postby billtax » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:16 am

Hi

Has anyone fell foul of the BMST scheme like me

section 44

Re: BMST

Postby section 44 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:57 pm

Yes, you're not alone, there are plenty of others affected.

billtax

Postby billtax » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:11 pm

How is everyone dealing with thier BMST situation.

I feel as though I have no option but to pay up

billtax

Postby billtax » Mon May 19, 2014 2:23 pm

The situation is really dire for me.

Any ideas whether i should employ an accountant to deal with this problem (BMST)

I have spoken to the HMRC several times and they won't even come up with a deal figure, the amount owed is the amount owed.

Someone out there must be able to help

jlsTax

Re: BMST - HMRC settlements

Postby jlsTax » Wed May 21, 2014 1:12 pm

I am dealing with a number of settlements following the failure of other (not BMST) schemes (not sold/promoted by me, I'm pleased to say) and the general position of HMRC on these seems to be that they require a full settlement of tax and interest. They are taking the view that the scheme fails and therefore the amount due is clear and they are obliged (under their published Litigation and Settlement Strategy) to pursue the full amount due, not settle for a lesser amount.

This is very much a policy issue and the officer you are dealing with will have no real flexibility on this, based on my conversations.

J

wamstax

Postby wamstax » Wed May 21, 2014 4:50 pm

I assume that everybody is considering whether HMRC have raised notices of assessment within the appropriate time limits and also in fact had discovery opportunities that arose after the enquiry window closed if they failed to initiate enquiry or protective notices of assessment within 4 years.
regards and hope this helps
http://www.wamstaxltd.com
Operates Nationally with competitive costs
and email and phone contact (mob 07751720507) can be obtained from websites

Return to “Tax Investigations and Enquiries”