This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

National Insurance payment by the DWP

PigzMightFly
National Insurance payment by the DWP

Postby PigzMightFly » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:38 pm

Hi,I wonder if there is someone who could give me some advice. I am disabled and recieve a pension from my former employer however I do recieve the Personel Independence Payment, recently I have had a problem where the DWP keep sending me forms to fill out relating to Incapacity Benefit which I do not recieve. To cut a long story short finally they sorted it ut and I was told I would not be recieving the forms anymore. However last week I recieved a call from a different department within the DWP telling me that everything I had been told was wrong and I would need to fill the forms out as they continue to pay my National Insurance Contribution and that i would also need to go for a medical assessment. Fine I thought, the next day another phone call from the same guy as the day before telling me he had misled me and that if I had paid more than 30 years of NI I need not continue to pay and therefore I do not need the assessment, I have 44 years acording to the NI website My question is.
1) is he NOW correct
2) what risks if any would there be in not having the NI paid
I'm hoping someone can help as this is begining to worry me.
Thanks in advance
Trevor

Return to “PAYE and Payroll Taxes, National Insurance, NICs”