This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

2016 return repair - HMRC processing time

LOUIE
2016 return repair - HMRC processing time

Postby LOUIE » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:37 am

I submitted a repair to my 2016 return using commercial software on 31 January 2018, a couple of hours before I submitted my 2017 return.

HMRC show the 2017 return as submitted online but there is no sign of the repair to the 2016 return online. HMRC show my tax account as being as at 6 February.

Is anyone aware of there being a problem with HMRC not processing repairs?

robbob

Re: 2016 return repair - HMRC processing time

Postby robbob » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:25 am

I would expect the processing to be done in the next day or two unless manual intervention is required (eg loss carry back) - it may be sensible to ring hmrc though to check that it hasnt got stuck

SteLacca

Re: 2016 return repair - HMRC processing time

Postby SteLacca » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:43 pm

There have been several reports of even 2017 Returns not being processed automatically, particularly where transfer of marriage allowance is involved.

Could that be the case here, in which case a call to HMRC may be in order?

Return to “HMRC Administration, Practices & Methods”