This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

starting out as self employed construction

hallowitch
starting out as self employed construction

Postby hallowitch » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:11 pm

my husband works in construction for yrs up until 2013 he had always worked for a company on the books he then had some work through agency being paid by umberla company
he then went back to work for a company again on the books got paid of a few weeks ago

we decided the best way to go now is self employed done this wating on his UTR no coming through then I will get his CIS no thats a bit of background

my question is he and his son (also self employed) have been offered a sub contractors job as a 2 man team £***xx per day for both

how does this work they will pay husband and he will have to pay/give son his share worried about tax implications e.c.t.

GlobalTaxAdviser

Re: starting out as self employed construction

Postby GlobalTaxAdviser » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:32 am

Hi

Your husband can pay the son as subcontractor and deduct 20% CIS Tax or setup the payroll as the son maybe considered to be an employee rather than subcontractor

Kind Regards

GTA

Return to “PAYE and Payroll Taxes, National Insurance, NICs”