This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Gift Aid

tonks84
Gift Aid

Postby tonks84 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:12 pm

Hi,

In the event where I have made a charitable donation, but I have not paid enough income tax or CGT in that tax year to cover the gift aid claimed by the charity, what are the implications? Will the charity be stopped from claiming gift aid or will I be charged the gift aid amount?

Furthermore, in the event where I have made a charitable donation, and paid enough income tax but the income tax was brought down to 0 because of relief claimed from an EIS investment I have made, would the implications here be the same? Will the charity be stopped from claiming gift aid or will I be charged the gift aid amount?

Thank you

SteLacca

Re: Gift Aid

Postby SteLacca » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:46 am

Where insufficient tax is paid to cover gift aid, a tax charge arises on the donor to cover.

If EIS relief is claimed and you have declared then gift aid, then HMRC will keep enough tax in charge to cover the gift aid.

tonks84

Re: Gift Aid

Postby tonks84 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:38 am

Thank you

Return to “General”