This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

German Pension taxed in the UK

mfs2710
Re: German Pension taxed in the UK

Postby mfs2710 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:50 pm

I wrote to HMRC and gave all the information and was shocked when they said they cannot refund 2013-14 year as that year is out of date. How could I make a claim on time when I was unaware that tax was being wrongly deducted in the first place? How can they refuse to repay tax that was wrongly deducted by them and paid by me in good faith? Error or Mistake Relief has apparently been replaced by Overpayment Relief and I will apply under that for the 2014-15 and 2015-16 years.
I was wondering if you were successful in recovering tax paid for out of date years and if so under which provision this was done. This would be very helpful.
Yes, I was successful in reclaiming 2012-13, 13-14 and 14-15 earlier this year. I don't know what has changed since I applied on 25 Apr this year. Even if a further year would have gone out of date since, you should still be alright for '13-14 if I was alright for '12-13 half a year ago.
Sorry not to be able to help any further.

robbob

Re: German Pension taxed in the UK

Postby robbob » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:30 pm

German pension thread of relevance to recent german pension question on other thread.

Return to “Income Tax”