This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Gross Pay Less Than Taxable Pay

ianinini
Re: Gross Pay Less Than Taxable Pay

Postby ianinini » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:18 am

Hi,

On my payslips, my gross pay is significantly below my taxable pay. I have been paying a high proportion of my income into my pension.

My taxable pay looks roughly like what I would expect it to be (that is my *real* gross income minus my pension contributions). The gross pay on the payslip looks like a meaningless figure. But surely not...

Any comments on this?

Thanks.

robbob

Postby robbob » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:11 am

On my payslips, my gross pay is significantly below my taxable pay. I have been paying a high proportion of my income into my pension.
It's hard to say whats up here, i would expect the adjustments to be shown on the payslip and make sense - in the absence of things being obvious go back to your employer and ask for the question as to why there is the disconnect.

bd6759

Postby bd6759 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:21 pm

Why not ask your employer to explain what the figures mean. No-one here has mystical powers that enables us to see what is on your payslip.

reemaadhikari

Postby reemaadhikari » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:33 am

Such a nice clarify about gross pay less than taxable pay. Everyone gives their point view is well and, I understand easily through your answer. Thank you for all who answer, that is an appreciable question.

robbob

Postby robbob » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:27 pm

just when you think it cant get any more confusing it does.

Return to “PAYE and Payroll Taxes, National Insurance, NICs”