This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Ireland Emergency Tax

Trev000
Ireland Emergency Tax

Postby Trev000 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:53 am

Hi,

Looking for some advise on Irish Tax System. I am from Northern Ireland in UK tax system but have Irish passport. Several years back I worked a short term role in Republic of Ireland. I had no PPS number at the time, so was put on emergency tax code. I only got my PPS after finishing, and have been working in the UK ever since. Is it still possible to claim back the extra tax paid?

Many thanks.

AmanSood

Re: Ireland Emergency Tax

Postby AmanSood » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:34 am

try completing this form P50 and submitting it to the revenue office. they should then be able to deal with your refund.

https://www.revenue.ie/en/jobs-and-pensions/documents/form-p50.pdf
Advising on UK employment, expatriate and personal taxes
aman.sood@e-taxconsulting.com.
+44 (0) 207 846 0155

Trev000

Re: Ireland Emergency Tax

Postby Trev000 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:54 pm

Thanks, I had seen that form but was put off by it saying for unemployed people. Will give it a go.

Return to “Income Tax”