This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Telephones at NIC & EO temporarily out of order

Lambs
Re: Telephones at NIC & EO temporarily out of order

Postby Lambs » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:24 pm

Fair cop, Guv.

Or as Del Boy would say,

"Mangetout, Rodney, Mangetout."

VB,

Lambs

etf

Postby etf » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:08 pm

Fair cop, Guv.
Hopefully this will be Sir Jon's response when he finds out Trotter Enterprises have been responsible for updating HMRC telephone numbers.

He who dares Lambs, he who dares.

etf

Postby etf » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:01 pm

How many separate complaints is it possible to lodge regarding one enquiry? Here are two more to add to the list:

-13 minutes for someone human to answer my call to the 3500 number (as a bit of positivity the gentleman from the North-East dealt with my call in a professional and friendly manner).
-Quote of 8 weeks to answer bog standard correspondence.

Perhaps Taxationweb should open a 'Not fit for purpose' category (borrowed from pawncob) so these issues can all be flagged in one location.

PS The NI38 booklet still shows the obsolete telephone number.

etf

Postby etf » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:56 pm

The NI38 booklet is showing it was last updated in 2015. Despite two efforts (one to Sir Jon) to have the obsolete telephone number that HMRC directs the public to ring updated, individuals will still presumably be listening to a message stating the line is temporarily out of order.

A fuller update including copy correspondence is contained in the NRCGT thread in the CGT section of this forum.

etf

Postby etf » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:04 am

The HMRC 3506 number (aka Heineken complaints office) is today still stating it is temporarily out of order and HMRC's NI38 booklet is still showing it was last updated in April 2015 and so is still presumably directing the public to ring a number that nobody answers. This despite my best efforts on two occasions to have this remedied, the first attempt dating back to February.

If HMRC is unable to cope with seemingly simple requests such as that above and is happy for the public to waste their time dialing obsolete telephone numbers (estimated for at least four months because I was told in February the 3506 number had been out of service for a couple of months), the Department really is in trouble.

etf

Postby etf » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:18 pm

My attempts to correct the telephone number contained in booklet NI38 have finally been acknowledged in writing by HMRC.

robbob

Postby robbob » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:55 pm

My attempts to correct the telephone number contained in booklet NI38 have finally been acknowledged in writing by HMRC.
Is that not just the start of the battle? hopefully its more season 8 episode 1 rather than season 1 episode 8 - and hopefully you have more luck than poor little Ned Umber (ouchies)

etf

Postby etf » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:16 pm

I hope so too!

The people in the Newcastle office are among the friendliest/most helpful HMRC staff I speak to (as long as you don't mention Sunderland) so why they hide them behind that computerised answering machine/an obsolete telephone number is just crazy.

robbob

Postby robbob » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:46 pm

The people in the Newcastle office are among the friendliest/most helpful HMRC staff I speak to (as long as you don't mention Sunderland)
with the current state of the football league tables its more than acceptable to mention sunderland all you want at present as generally the response will be a happy/witty comment- particularly this week - they banged in 4 goals at home in their latest league 1 fixture and couldn't even win the match - oooh or even manage a draw despite having max power available. Oh well to be fair to them they got over 36k bods to turn up to watch that disaster so at least they will hopefully have enough cash to not have to ring the debt management team when it come to paying their paye.

etf

Postby etf » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:16 am

Well over 2 months after flagging to HMRC that they have been directing their "customers" in booklet NI38 to use a telephone number that nobody answers, their only action has seemingly been inaction:

For NICs enquiries phone the NIC&EO International Caseworker
Helpline on 0300 200 3506

Do they give a flying fruitbat?....seemingly not.

Return to “PAYE and Payroll Taxes, National Insurance, NICs”