This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

British resident in uk receive German Pension

TinaM
Re: British resident in uk receive German Pension

Postby TinaM » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:19 pm

https://www.finanzamt-rente-im-ausland.de/en/who-what-how-much/who-is-taxable/

darthblingbling

Postby darthblingbling » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:21 pm

I do not believe article 17(3) applies to state pensions, so don't worry about the 15 year rule.

Cap_Scarlet

Postby Cap_Scarlet » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:47 pm

Another phone call to Germany revealed that I should wait for the German tax bill.
Does that mean that they are not deducting tax at source? Or do you mean you are also submitting a German tax return?

TinaM

Postby TinaM » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:00 pm

Another phone call to Germany revealed that I should wait for the German tax bill.
Does that mean that they are not deducting tax at source? Or do you mean you are also submitting a German tax return?
I received a huge tax form to fill in (in German).. Since I have problems enough filling in forms in English, i contacted the relevant office and was told that I needn’t fill in the tax form, but that they would work out my tax from the info they have and that I would receive a bill in the post, I need to pay that bill first and if I think it’s wrong I can argue my case afterward 😬..

That was a few months ago and I haven’t received anything to date. I’ll be contacting them again next week to see what’s happening.

Return to “Income Tax”