This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Loan repaid from abroad

Troggy
Loan repaid from abroad

Postby Troggy » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:13 pm

Hello all, I have a quick question on tax.

My nephew is getting into a college abroad and I’ll be paying his fees using a U.K. bank account.

He is getting into this college based on a quota which requires the funds to come from outside the country.

The plan is for me to pay his fees and then his dad paying back this fees after a month.

I’ll be receiving back that money into the same bank account after a few months. Will this have a tax implication?

Regards

pawncob

Re: Loan repaid from abroad

Postby pawncob » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:47 am

No.
With a pinch of salt take what I say, but don't exceed your RDA

Troggy

Re: Loan repaid from abroad

Postby Troggy » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:00 pm

Thanks Pawncob for coming back. Much appreciated.

Just to clarify.. I’ll pay money from UK account in GBP to a college outside of UK. I’ll receive the same money from abroad back into my account. As my nephews dad will pay me back the money.

Regards

Return to “Income Tax”