This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Form SA109 query

lostsoul
Form SA109 query

Postby lostsoul » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:29 am

Hi,
I'm not sure if my original post about completing self assessment forms was very clear. Could anyone tell me whether, as a British citizen tax resident in Greece, I need to fill in boxes 18 and 19 of form SA109 if I am not claiming anything back in boxes 20-22? Will HMRC require proof of my tax residence if I do fill in the boxes? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

maths

Re: Form SA109 query

Postby maths » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:34 pm

If you are resident in Greece but non-resident in the UK and receive UK source income/gains then depending precisely the nature of the UK source income/gains if they require completion of a Tax Return then SA 109 needs completion as set out in the Notes to SA 109.

Return to “Income Tax”